1. Where did it all begin/first major breakthrough into the fitness industry? I guess it all started in 2005 when I won the Menshealth Front cover competition. That couple with my degree and qualifications has lead me to where I am today.
2. How many magazine covers have you got and over how many titles?
I have had over 10 front covers world wide including Men’s Health and Muscle & Fitness.
3. What’s your motivation to keep at the top of your game – PT & physique?
I believe you should practice what you preach. I am a walking billboard for my own business.
4. Top 5 tips to anyone looking to get into the industry as a model/pt
1. Be yourself. 2. Get relevant qualifications and experience before calling yourself a PT. I worked the gym floor for 3 years before I made that step up. 3. Learn! You can never stop learning in this industry. 4. Be realistic. Working as Fitness model provides me hardly any income. It serves well as a marketing tool for my business but if you think you can give up your day job your head is in the clouds. 5. Be consistent. Top fitness models these days are in shape all year round. Attain your desired physique and maintain it. There is no on and off season unless your a fitness competitor, if that’s the case your not a fitness model.
5. What are your grooming tip essentials?
To avoid premature aging watch your sugar intake. Sugars affect on the skin is devastating via a process known as glycation. This process reduces the strength of your bodies collagen which can resulting in wrinkles and sagging.
6. What’s your favourite Nip+Man product & why?
Scrubbing facial wash. I find there is no better way to exfoliate the face than by using this product. It helps with dryness and also moisturises the skin at the same time.
7. What’s your favourite muscle to train & top exercise for it?
I love to train my chest, one of my favourite exercises is the guillotine press.
8. How has social media changed peoples perspective of fitness & PT’s ? Do you think it is a benefit?
Yes and No. Social media has definitely helped the industry grow and allow more individuals to obtain quality information and become motivated and inspired. It has also though allowed more keyboard warriors to voice there opinions and cause constant and bitter arguments. At the end of the day we are all here to become better. We should be working together not against each other.
9. How do you go about the latest training techniques and research to bring the most up to date resources to your clients?
At Ultimate Performance we have limitless access to new and relevant information. Weekly we have discussion and apply new principles or discuss techniques to make sure we understand and apply them correctly if necessary.
10. Your future – are you looking to develop other areas or focus purely on PT?
At the moment I’m focusing mainly on my PT work. Whether that be on a one to one bases or online with my current projects. Either way Fitness modelling has taken a back seat as I look to grow my brand and business to a new level.